Sunday, March 15, 2009

Two weeks. Two weeks. Two freakin weeks. Starting to get very excited. The excitement has flashes of inner terror, but I'm trying not to listen to that voice. The reality of this bizarre expedition is beginning to yield its shockingly unknown head. That David Byrne line "watch out, you might get what your after" keeps going through my mind. However, I once took some classes in Bhuddism which were conducted by a doctor who at that time was head of emergency at The Wellesley (sp?) Hospital. And he said something that I have always carried with me when embarking on new experiences - "Things are not necessarily difficult, simply unfamiliar" I'm going to try and make that my mantra.

I'm starting to get a feeling in the pit of my stomach. The feeling is excitement, combined with a fear of the unknown. My lack of experience as a traveller, combined with the fact that I'm going alone are also making me guffaw at my dumb temerity. (yeah thats for you Miss Jocund!) Nonetheless, I'm ready to light this candle.

And Cayelle, thanks for the advice. Four layers and no L!

http://www.goyestoeverything.com